How do I connect to Stripe? (United States)
Stripe is the payment processor that we have partnered with to accept payments from online reservations. While in the onboarding process, creating an account with Stripe and connecting it to your account in the Good Sam Booking platform is mandatory for accepting online reservations. Stripe has partnered with millions of companies all over the globe to process payments and is trusted by both start-ups and some of the world’s largest corporations (Google, Amazon).
Note: If you operate business in Canada, click here.
Getting Started: To begin the process of connecting Stripe to your Good Sam Booking platform account, you will first want to go to the “Payment” tab in the settings and select “Connect with Stripe”.
If you already have a Stripe account, in the upper right corner you can click the “Login” link and login from there. This will connect your account. If you have yet to create and account you will be asked to fill out a form giving Stripe information about your business; the following information required is listed below:
Note: If you would like to see what the Stripe form looks like, click here.
- Business Address
- Business Phone Number
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- If you use your Social Security Number for Business Tax purposes, you can use that instead.
- Business Website
- If you do not have a website yet, you can share a social media profile.
- Business Description
- Select your industry, then describe “what you sell, whom you sell to, and when you charge your clients.”
- Individual or Sole Proprietor Information
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 Digits of SSN
- Home Address
- Bank Account Information
- Account # and Routing # of the bank account you would like to accepted payments to go.
Once you have completed this form, you will be able to log in with your Stripe account and accept online payments!